A compendium of news/articles/videos/pictures/events/stories that triggered the “Oh my god alarm!” Omygdaily – June 2 2016 edition will cover:
- Women burned alive in Pakistan for rejecting a marriage proposal;
- Live healthy and contract HIV through blood transfusion. That’s what has happened to more than 2000 Indians.
- Project experiencing cost overruns because of wandering cows. It happens only in India.
- I suspect you of cheating; hence, tonight you will have to sleep in the closet. What? No? Okay, you are now stabbed.
Women burned alive in Pakistan for rejecting a marriage proposal (Read More)
- There are certain crimes against women—rape, acid attacks, immolation—that should result in life imprisonment, with no chance for parole, for the guilty. Better still, let the woman who has been harmed or the woman’s family decide what should be done with the guilty, capital punishment or life imprisonment. I know, I know, human rights activists worldwide will denounce my view; however, can you imagine what a woman’s life is like after such a horrific incident. She is shunned, abhorred, detested by all. In our part of the world, many people consider a girl child a burden to begin with. Now, after an animal takes away her dignity, her pride, her self-respect, she is left with nothing. Her parents will blame her for her misfortune, society will blame her for her “fate” and everybody else will blame her for her bad karma.
In this particular case, a dude twice her age wanted to marry her. When she rejected the proposal, he felt scorned. And what better way to get even—burn her to death. He should be burned to death, too, so that he can experience what that poor girl had gone through. It seems such things happen at regular intervals around our part of the world. On May 26 2016, another Pakistani woman was attacked with acid after she had rejected a proposal from a suitor. The attack has left her face and arm badly damaged. That’s why, sometimes, and Eye for an Eye is the right action to undertake.
Live healthy and contract HIV through blood transfusion.That’s what has happened to more than 2000 Indians. (Read More)
- How is this even possible? How can people get away with this in our country? As per the law of the land, hospitals, health care centers, blood banks in India have to test donated blood for HIV and other diseases. And it seems, in many places, they aren’t doing that. UP topped the list with 361 patients being infected, followed by Gujarat-292; Maharashtra-276 and Delhi-264. How many lives have been usurped by a broken system?
So, you lead a healthy life, eat well, exercise and do all the right things. Now, for some reason, maybe you meet with an accident, and you need blood transfusion. A few months later, your health deteriorates and you find out via a blood check that you are HIV positive. How pissed off and crushed will you be. Some folks donate blood regularly to support their drug habits. Some blood banks will take blood from anybody to make a buck and some hospitals will transfuse you with “tainted” blood to book a profit. This is how it operates in many part of this country.
Say what now?
Project experiencing cost overruns because of wandering people and cows. It happens only in India. (Read More)
- The original cost of our country’s first high-speed rail system between Mumbai and Ahmedabad was pegged at $15 billion. Now, the cost of the project had to be raised by a cool $1 billion to elevate the tracks to prevent people and cows from being run over by the train travelling at 350 kmph. Wanna bet that even after implementing various safety measures, many cows and people will still be run over by the high-speed train? Both people and cows will find a way to beat all safety measures.
I suspect you of cheating; hence, tonight you will have to sleep in the closet. What? No? Okay, you are now stabbed. (Read More)
- Lady, I am not judging you in any way shape or form, but what did you see in this man to fall in love with him and marry him. He looks like a devil incarnate to me. What was it that attracted you to him in the first place? Maybe it was just his charm and that he made you laugh, right? And then he changed, right? See, that was easy. Well, to each his own.
The “Dragon Lady” has a fascinating history. Developed in the 50s, they were used by the CIA to fly over the former Soviet Union to gather intelligence. The spy plane can fly at an altitude of 70,000 feet and conduct aerial photographic reconnaissance. The plane was thought to be outside the range of any SAM, fighters and radars the Soviet Union had. Well, until they were proven wrong, when on 1 May 1960 a U2 spy plane was shot down by S-75 Dvina surface-to-air missile. What happened after that has been recorded in the annals of history.