A compendium of news/articles/videos/pictures/events/stories that triggered the “Oh my god alarm!” Omygdaily – June 7 2016 edition will discuss:
- Sister charged with murdering her twin;
- Albinos in Malawi being murdered for their body parts;
- How much wealth does anyone need to have before they can say, “…that’s enough. I cannot possibly spend all this in my lifetime…”
- A study on culture and smiling. Why people in certain countries do and don’t smile, casually that is?
Sister charged with murdering her twin (Read More)
- What has this world come to? What have we become? How angry must you be to intentionally drive an SUV over a cliff, plunge 200 feet down, to kill your twin sister? Why didn’t cooler heads prevail? What prevented you from discussing this matter in an environment that allowed you to think clearly and act rationally? What were the irreconcilable differences that made you angry at each other and triggered this horrible event? Now, you are scarred for life. Your twin sister is no more, and you are being charged with her murder. Whatever may the verdict be, will you ever be at peace with yourself? Or are you a sociopath and do not have a conscience?
Say what now?
Albinos in Malawi being murdered for their body parts (Read More)
- Seriously, what have we humans become? Albinos are “being hunted like animals in Malawi” for their bones, because of the “…belief the body parts bring wealth, happiness and good luck?” Where is the supreme being when you need Him/Her the most? Why don’t we see Him/Her striking the guilty down with lightning strikes?
How much wealth does anyone need to have before they can say, “…that’s enough. I cannot possibly spend all this in my lifetime…” (Read More)
- A billionaire is tearing down his $62.5 million mansion to build a new one. Isn’t crony capitalism great? I mean, everybody knows you are stinking rich. You have more wealth to last your lifetime and the lifetime of a few generations to come. I am not a socialist or a communist and do not want you to distribute your wealth, but couldn’t you find anything better to do with your wealth than tearing down and rebuilding a mansion. Doesn’t it speak of being disconnected from reality. Well, to each his own, I guess. Good for you, Mr. Cohen, flaunt your wealth!
A study on culture and smiling. Why people in certain countries do and don’t smile, casually that is? (Read More)
- Finally, I know why people in India give me a strange look, when I smile at them. Ladies think I am flirting with them and gents give me the WTF look. According to Kuba Krys, a psychologist from Polish Academy of Sciences, smiling is a sign of certainty and confidence. People from countries where social systems are unstable refrain from smiling. Go figure!