A compendium of news/articles/videos/pictures/events/stories that triggered the “Oh my god alarm!” Omygdaily – June 21 2016 edition will discuss:
- India is considered the worst place to do business, a distinction we shouldn’t be proud of, but we have nobody else to blame except ourselves.
- Take the test to ascertain how dark is your personality?
- In China, you get spanked for not performing at your job. How about spanking some “polytickcians” for over promising and under delivering? No, because they can have you killed? Okay, gotcha!
India is considered the worst place to do business, a distinction we shouldn’t be proud of, but we have nobody else to blame except ourselves. (Read More)
- India ranks 130th in the world when it comes to ease of doing business. Do you know why? I do. Out of 167 countries, India is ranked 76th in Transparency International’s “Corruption Perception Index 2015.” Would you like to know why? Here is the bitter truth. Are you ready? Because we Indians allow and enable corruption in our country; we empower whoever is corrupt by allowing them to extract “brinsom” (bribe + ransom) from us. We, however, never hold ourselves accountable for our actions; we are quick to blame others, including the government for this, but what makes up the government. It is made up of us. The elected, or as I call them selected, are from among us. They will only do what we will allow them to do.
Let’s acknowledge the problem first and put the blame where it rightly belongs. Let’s start to blame ourselves for letting the corrupt get away with murder. In our country, unfortunately, we are willing to pay a small “brinsom” to get our work done… quickly. For e.g., instead of acknowledging our mistake and accepting the traffic ticket, we will bribe the traffic cop to let us go. Instead of taking a driving test, we will pay a bribe to get our license. Instead of sitting for the board’s exam, we will pay a decent sum of money to somebody else, to take the test on our behalf.
Do you know, we even take our corrupt behavior to the other countries and try to bribe authorities to get out of sticky situations, and get arrested for it? Then we wonder why we have been arrested, and plead that it is allowed in our home country; hence, it must be acceptable elsewhere, too.
Take the test to ascertain how dark is your personality? (Read More)
The test allows you to find out whether you are Machiavellian, narcissistic or psychopathic. I am “Machiacisspathic”. 🙂 Maybe, you will be “Narpathicvellian” or “Psychovellianistic”. In tests such as the one above, you can be whatever you want to be, by fine tuning your answers. It is a fun way to kill time.
Say what now?
In China, you get spanked for not performing at your job. How about spanking some “polytickcians” for over promising and under delivering? No, because they can have you killed? Okay, gotcha! (Read More)
- This is what happens in a country where communism is wrapped in fascism and practiced as capitalism. Everybody in the chain of command wins, except for the proletariat. They are slaughtered and fed to the pigs. In this case they are spanked for not performing at their jobs. The spanking surely left a mark at more than one place. Ouch!