A compendium of news/articles/videos/pictures/events/stories that triggered the “Oh my god alarm!” Omygdaily – June 9 2016 edition will discuss:
- Honor killing in Pakistan. Burned alive for marrying against the family wish and dishonoring the family name.
- Rich are getting richer and the poor poorer. A revolution is surely coming, but it won’t be televised.
- An alligator, a nine-foot behemoth, suspected of killing and partly eating a human, has been captured in Florida.
- Electric eel can raise itself out of water to attack a potential predator or an active threat.
- Revolutionary intersection design for the dreaded left turn. Could we implement this design in India, please? Who am I even kidding?
Honor killing in Pakistan. Burned alive for marrying against the family wish and dishonoring the family name. (Read More)
- What is wrong with humans? What have we become? Even our own flesh and blood is fair game now, if they do something we disapprove of? Why does marrying somebody against family’s wish qualify as a capital offense? Is an intangible construct such as family honor bigger than human life? You kill the person you brought into this world, just because she married against your wish and “tarnished” the family name? Are you an animal masquerading as a human being? How soulless must you be to commit a heinous crime such as killing your own daughter? Not just killing her, but torturing her and burning her alive?
It seems nothing is sacred anymore. No relationships are sacred, no unions are sacred, no promises, no vows, no commitments are sacred anymore. People frown at me when I tell them that it seems everything has become a “contract” between parties—between parents and their kids, between a husband and a wife, between friends, between siblings and many more. As long as you meet your obligations towards the contract, everything is fine. However, the moment you fail to meet your obligations or make a big enough mistake that offends the other party, the “contract” is void, and everything is fair game. Everything we say, everything we do, every relationship we have, every promises we make are contingent upon us meeting our obligation towards the contract. Break that contract and you become a legitimate target for attack from everybody, even your family. Remember folks: don’t break the contract, or there will be hell to pay. When I read news items such as this, I cannot help but ask myself this question, “What if Agent Smith’s observations are correct?”
I’d like to share a revelation that I’ve had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species and I realized that you’re not actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with the surrounding environment but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply and multiply until every natural resource is consumed and the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You’re a plague and we are the cure.—Agent Smith
Rich are getting richer and the poor poorer. A revolution is surely coming, but it won’t be televised. (Read More)
- According to the Boston Consulting Group, 1% of the world’s population owns 47% of the global wealth. Chew on that, plebes. The majority of the “one percenters” are in the US, followed by China and Japan. I wonder what the numbers are like in India. Maybe it will all be “polytick-cians”. This study pretty much confirms what Oxfam had found in its own research—”…62 world’s richest people own the same as the poorest half of the planet’s population.” Beat that, slaves!
Say what now?
An alligator, a nine-foot behemoth, suspected of killing and partly eating a human, has been captured in Florida. (Read More)
- I had mentioned this, yesterday “…You are playing with fire here, Mr. Alligator, be careful now. The world is getting crowded. Two apex predators jostling for space. You are going to see more of this. The alligators are going to win initially. Then guns will do the talking and the alligators will do the listening.” Well, it wasn’t a gun that did the talking here, but a snare or a trap, maybe. Anyway, my prediction did come true… somewhat.
Electric eel can raise itself out of water to attack a potential predator or an active threat. (Read More)
- In my next life, I would like to be an electric human. Imagine that. If I recognize an active threat, I’ll zap it. Somebody pisses me off… zap!! “Polytick-cians”… zap. Horrendous bosses… zap. Heck, zap everybody.
Talking about being an electric human, wouldn’t that be a cool superhero character… ElectricMan! That sounds cool, does it not? Do I smell a franchise here? Now, instead of waiting for the Nigerian prince to transfer million dollars to my account, I have discovered my own secret sauce to be a millionaire. Awe-freaking-some!
Revolutionary intersection design for the dreaded left turn. Could we implement this design in India, please? Who am I even kidding? (Read More)
- Never gonna work in India. In India, to go from point A to point B, you have dodge superman, spiderman, catwoman, cows, bulls, dogs, goats, monkeys, spiders, moths, symphylans, balanoglossus, troglodytes, viruses, bacterias, Golgi complex, Islets of Langerhans, DNA, RNA, ADP, ATP, Nihonium, Buckminsterfullerene, Van Allen radiation belt, dog poops, vomits, cars, trucks, buses, two wheelers, drunks, not-so-drunks and, of course, freaking aliens.